Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tofunky

I've been experimenting with tofu recently, and found my secret answer to keeping it firm and delicious: dry-frying. Even extra-firm tofu will fall apart or melt into sliminess when fried or cooked incorrectly. So the answer is to drain and dry it, and then dry-fry it in little pieces, followed by a good marinade. The first time I tried this, I cooked it in a peanut sauce, and although the taste was pretty delicious, it was maybe the most filling, thick thing ever - like eating a brick. And we just aren't meant to eat bricks. So round 2 was tonight, and I marinated it in teriyaki sauce, added some veggies and olive oil and garlic, a dash of salt and pepper, and voila! In fact, I had every intention of taking a picture (because it was lovely!), but I ate it. So there you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom says,
Tofu???
Who are you? and what have you done with my daughter