Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dry Eyes

The worst part about "seeing" the Eye Doctor is the feeling that they are about to either blow an inappropriately loud PUFF of air onto your open eyeball with a metal rod, or they are going to touch your eye with a sharp piece of plastic. Yesterday, my eye doctor assured me they no longer PUFF the air at the eye because it scares people (*raises hand*), but instead they put fluorescent yellow numbing drops in it and look at it with a bright light. Sooooo now instead of a puff of air, I have a droopy numb eye that you could probably stick a blunt fire-torch in without me noticing, and my eye is weeping soggy neon yellow tears of its own accord. Wait. Make that both eyes.

Also he stuck a metal pipe in my eye to flip the eyelid inside out, and that wasn't the most pleasant experience ever. Especially when he described my premature blood vessel growth as "poking a pipe through a wall" WHILE he has this tool in there.

After all this, I still had to have my eyes dilated, so basically the ride home on the muni consisted of me staring at my lap because I couldn't look at anything else, wanting to puke, and feeling totally at home underground on the subway. I felt like a creature of the night when the light outside almost burned my eyes. And seeing my pupils in the mirror didn't help:

ps-the reason I look almost cross-eyed there is because I AM.

No comments: