Friday, June 18, 2010

Escargot!

Tonight, in honour of Father's Day, my mother's birthday, and my upcoming birthday, we went to dinner at Zachary Jacques, which is a random little restaurant near Placerville. Interestingly enough, it's a FANCY French restaurant that serves bona fide French food in a European style. Yes. In Placerville. I KNOW. My parents have been eating there (sporatically) for over 26 years now, starting with the night they got engaged...which was promptly minimized by the waitress who we told this to ("do you know how many times I've heard that story?"). I think it's sweet and romantic.

Not only was there fabulous food, but also coffee, wine and dessert, of course!

And even though I wasn't brave enough in Paris, my mother was brave enough tonight to order the escargot, and we each had to try some:

My opinion jumped back and forth between:
"This is good."
"Wait. This is a snail."
"I love the garlicky taste and the texture isn't too bad!"
"I think I stepped on one of these this morning."
"Tasty!"
"THIS IS A SNAIL."


Also I had to post this because it was too cute. I tend to lose Milo when I'm here...until I hear a rustling sound and follow it to the kitchen, where I find this:

No comments: