Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kobe!

Thursday night can mean a lot of things. It can mean that the weekend is near, and that beloved of days, FRIDAY, is around the corner. It can mean a hot shower after a nice long yoga class. It can mean you still have 1 more day of work to slosh through. It can mean date night. It can also mean a Laker's game is on. All of the above apply to my Thursday night tonight, so we'll try fitting in our date night around the Laker's game, which is okay JUST THIS ONCE, since we get to go try another fantastical item from our 100 Things to Eat and Drink Before You Die (in SF) list! We haven't settled on which one, so I'll keep you posted.

Since Milo and my stupid hair were both expensive ventures lately, I've been packing a lunch (which I guess I should be doing anyway, but it's hard when you can get something tasty at Walgreen for only $3!), and honestly it's got its good days and bad days. Sometimes I just really can't wait to eat my soup and crackers or whatever. Other days, I pull a middle-school and ask my colleague if they will PLEASE trade me their sushi for my PB&J (spoiler: it never works). But it almost always means I eat healthier and cheaper, and feel good about myself. Today was tomato bisque with crackers, fresh carrots, a string cheese, and a natural fruit roll-up. Snack was an apple. And yet, because I felt so good about myself, I rewarded myself with a small dose of Tuttimelon from down the street. Sigh. Sometimes my life feels like I'm sweeping a dirt floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for bringing your lunch!