Wednesday, January 19, 2011

the cupcake from nowhere

It's not that I'm letting myself go, it's just that I've decided that eating a banana cupcake that my boss passed over the cubicle wall to me that she got from an unknown source sounds pretty delicious right now. Plus my belt is loose so it makes me feel free.

Even though it's still cold here, the weather has been pretty delicious, as though San Francisco sees our plans to move, and says "But wait! There's more!". Nice try, SF, you minx. Speaking of which, I was craigslisting (oh yes I did just make that a verb) apartments today and you know, we could have a 2 bedroom 2 bath and a yard and new appliances and a washer/dryer and a parking space!...for less than what we pay now. For shame. You may mock these small aspirations, but you may not have lived in San Francisco.

I get a small ounce of joy from seeing the sun sparkle on my Christmas cards from last year that I have tacked onto my wall of fame.

Just enough sun through the blinds that it reminds me that the days are indeed starting to get longer.
And what of the coffee, you ask? Have you fallen back into it's fountains of latte-goodness and money-guzzling grande cups of joy? No my friends, no I have not. If that isn't a positive start to the year, I don't know what is.

No comments: