Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Year of the De-espresso'ed

Happy New Year, bloglings! I thought I'd grace you with my presence since, you know, it's been 2 weeks. But! I had a fantastic holiday vacation, and am ready to change the world again.

Or at least start the same vicious cycle again. Man, I miss the school days when I had a summer and was actually able to tell what time of year it was.

I had my first day back at yoga in 2 weeks today, and it was sweaty and hot, PACKED with people who are starting new years' resolutions, and since I was 20 seconds late, I was jammed in the back row amongst the pregnant ones who grunt and sweat like nobody's business. At least, that's what it felt like since I had to squeeze in between their mats while their pregnant bloated arms were thwacking me in the face. If you're reading this and this description fits you, I'm sorry but it's true. Also, we did a new breathing thing at the end of class, where while we're cooling down, we take deeper breaths and hold it to increase our lung capacity (I think I catch a fresh whiff of BS right there), and then we blow it out loudly for WHO KNOWS WHAT PURPOSE. Anyway, someone in there wasn't just exhaling gently, but exhaling like freaking Jabba the Hut. Like, instead of a nice strong "HHHHHHHH" it was more of a "HHHHHHGGGGGGUUUUNGHHHHAAAAA!". It was distracting.

Anyway, so Christmas happened. Here is one of my favourite pics from it, the night after Christmas and we opened our poppers and got little gifties and crowns.


And my mom burnt her wrist TERRIBLY on the turkey last week, so she had to bandage up, and guess whose employer did the job? Huzzah.


Also we finally cracked open my dad's bottle of peruvian wine that we brought him, and as it turns out, it may not even be wine...as you can see. It's green, and horrible. And tastes like melon juice, apparently. Oops.


After everyone left, Nolan and I slept in the big comfy guest bed, and took Milo and my parent's dog Daisy with us. Daisy was just so thrilled to be an indoor dog at last, that she was up in everyone's business. Milo had to adjust.


And I have to publicly say that I've again given up espresso drinks. Because if I say it out loud then I'm too embarrassed not to follow it.

No comments: