Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Falling

I think my body is very confused right now per the time change, and it has been rebelling by a.) demanding more coffee and sugar than usual, b.) not recognizing the passing of time. Basically the days have been looooong and I've been fighting the urge to poison my bloodstream with all the things I love in unhealthy doses. This is when it helps that at least I know I'm safe when I get home, because Nolan is hellbent on us eating healthy, and I know it's good for us, but SIGH it's just so hard when all the bad stuff is SO GOOD. Nonetheless, I have to repeatedly tell myself that I WILL appreciate this when I'm 80 and possibly able to take him at armwrestling from our wheelchairs.

The countdown to Mexico for Christmas this year has begun! We're a little over 6 weeks away, and I've already planned what I'm packing. I'm THAT. EXCITED. In fact, I mostly just left all of my travel stuff (minus clothes) from Europe in my suitcase, and stuffed it out of the way for a few weeks.

I think Fall set in a month or so ago in my mind, but now with the holidays, it feels like I haven't even been able to enjoy it! I have had 2 Pumpkin Spice Lattes, stepped on maybe a handful of crunchy leaves, and worn a scarf once (while in the US). What is going on! It's been hot here, and IT JUST ISN'T RIGHT.

However, my private onslaught of Christmas music, crocheting, spiced cider, and secret present-buying has made me feel a little bit better about the rapid passage of time. Milo's already anticipating dusting off his Santa suit from last year, I can see it in his eyes.

No comments: