Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Almost There

Since I missed yesterday due to a mindsplitting headache, etc., I'll post a pic I managed to take at lunch of my progress, almost back to normal:


I came home with Nolan and was in tears and in bed in minutes because of the terrible headache. Apparently I had tried to do too much, too fast. So today I took another PTO day, which I HATE doing, to help clear up the headache and such, which was still throbbing this morning. As of right now, there is a very dull ache in my right lobe, but other than that I feel pretty okay. So I'll try going back again tomorrow. The other thing that showed up more today is the bruising. I tried to capture it in a picture and it is just too hard to get the colour to show up, but I pointed to it in the picture to help you out. You're looking for big yellow patches with some dots of purple (pretty!). Click on the pic to enlarge, and maybe you'll see it easier:


Sorry for all the pictures of me. Today's should be the last, as I am so close to being fully healed, really only Nolan and I notice it anymore. I also gummed down a bagel yesterday, which was the hardest food I have had yet! It only took me 45 minutes...

Also I feel compelled to say two things:

1. I wouldn't have made it without Nolan, who is the best beyond words.
2. If you haven't had your wisdom teeth out yet and need to--DO IT NOW. The longer you wait, the worse it will be, as you have seen by my example of putting it off for about 9 years. Don't do it (Nobby, I'm looking at you)!

No comments: