Monday, February 1, 2010

5:40pm: pajamas

Let me start by saying that today has been one of the best workdays of my life, and it has nothing to do with my work...because on that front, the war is still raging.

This weekend, we did absolutely nothing. As in, I did laundry and may have thought about vacuuming, but unless you count walking to Starbucks as work, I was utterly unproductive, but on one front: food. Well okay and my runs, which were excellent, by the way. But, I put my New Year's resolution to work, and made gourmet meals each day, complete with appetizers, and desserts. Here's a gander at one of them:

Maybe it doesn't look super fancy, but let me tell you: French bread with walnut parmesan bruschetta, chili roasted potatoes, wilted greens with grape tomatoes, charbroiled skirt steak, and a pressed-crust pear tart with apricot-lemon glaze. MMMM. Here is the last one, because it was my favourite:

Milo likes to watch:

On Sunday, we went to the mall together and browsed the stores, and then drove to Target in Daly City to find a computer game that Nolan hasn't played since college, and my friends, THIS WAS A MISTAKE. So far he hasn't left that Mac's side. I lay in bed each night reminding myself that I am his wife, not the game. And then I sob and clutch Milo to my bosom.

This is what he (and Milo) look like all day:

The upside here, is that he feels super relaxed and is able to decompress from his busy work schedule. To wit: for the next four weeks, he will be working downtown for 3 days a week. This means that NOT ONLY do we get to commute to and from work together on those days, but we also get to have lunch together, since he is walking distance from my office. 2 things merit comment here:
1. My life is a significantly happier one when there is more Nolan in it each day.
2. My mental/emotional health is significantly better when I don't have to take the Muni.
As a result, we were both home, happy, and in our pajamas by 5:40pm today. Long live the American Dream.

No comments: