Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Orogeny

The weekend at my parents' was fantastic! N and I relaxed and had some quality time with my parents, and got in some exercise too! I did my 7 mile run on Saturday, made Nolan come with me, and then HE decided we couldn't stop yet, so it ended up being 8 miles total. Needless to say he regretted that decision later. We saw a movie with my mom and ylehsa, had Mongolian BBQ with my mom, played disc golf with my brother and his girlfriend, played endless games of Carcassonne, and slept in (til 7). I did my easy 3 miles on Sunday, followed by some relaxation while Nolan worked outside. Then it was off to our V-day dinner at Bistro 33 :) followed by Coldstone! Because a fancy dinner must always be followed by some delicious fatty ice cream.
Here's my sexy husband on our date (with the amazing appetizer!):

ps-the waiter recommended this wine - an "Orogeny" Chardonnay with buttery notes...may be one of the only Chardonnays I have ever liked in my life.

Monday we left early in the morning to hit the Sushi Buffet in Davis-OHEMGEE delicious-with Bstal and Josh, and then while the boys hung out and Bstal was gone, I stuffed Milo under my seat to nap, got an iced tea at Starbucks (yes, STILL no coffee!), and drove around sunny, lovely Davis just exploring. Of course the fog was still rolling over our neighbourhood when we got back home, but it was nice to have the whole afternoon unplanned. Most relaxing day ever.


This morning Nolan and I got up at 5:30am to do a 4-mile run. On the one hand, it was hellish to roll out of bed and start running. On the other, it feels SO good to go in the mornings and have that out of the way and all showered and ready to go by 7am. He's a better person than me; I won't lie-I probably would have stayed in bed if it were me.


Decision: Nolan told me I have to get my wisdom teeth out sooner rather than later. CRINGE.

No comments: