Thursday, February 4, 2010

Goodbye, my almost lover

Today I am officially giving up all (non-brewed) coffee for Lent. Technically I guess I started yesterday, but at the time I thought I would have some today. And yes, I know it's two weeks early, but better early than never! Which could easily become the case if I don't start now while I'm feeling motivated. So, the following post is going to be my farewell, just because I'm now seeing just how much coffee I have in my life. And to clarify, I can still have drip coffee, because I barely even like the stuff--the goal is for me to give up the espresso and non-drip fancy drinks, because let's face it: it's ruining my life in a delicious way.

Hopefully doing this will allow me to publicly have some accountability/embarrassment factor if I should fail. So without further ado (insert sweeping, sappy music here):

Coffee on a Monday


Coffee with ylehsa

Coffee and pastries in London
Coffee in London

Coffee with Nolan

Coffee on the Eurostar

Thinking about coffee in Paris


Super expensive coffee in Paris


Coffee in a French museum, waiting for Nolan


Coffee in Holland (!)


Coffee in the airport on the way to Mexico



To quote R.E.M., "It's the end of the world as (I) know it." And when this is all over, I WILL feel fine.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh! You have SO many pictures of yourself drinking coffee and that's freakin' awesome.