Sunday, February 28, 2010

Estaba de Rodillas

Today Sarah and I and her sister, Kate, ran the Windmill 10k, and everything I read about feeling great after a break, was right. Cardio-wise, I felt pretty fantastic! Even my feet and shin splints and everything were totally gone! Which makes me want to avoid the treadmill, as that is how I get them in the first place. The bad news is that my knee was pretty painful. So I have been icing all day and got a knee brace, that so far has been the most amazing creation I have ever discovered. I slapped that thing on and adjusted the sides (reinforced with metal!), and the pain was, for the most part, totally alleviated! Needless to say, my knees will never be naked (while running) ever again.

Nolan's had some bad luck with his transportation--just as the rotation where he can drive to work and have free parking ends, his motorcycle breaks down and won't be fixed for awhile, and his bike has a rogue tire that refuses to cooperate and keeps going flat, even when replaced. So this week should be an interesting detour for him into my life--public transportation.

Today I ate cereal for the first time since The Teeth (which is what I am going to call the whole ordeal from now on, because it WAS a surgery and I was traumatized by the aftermath, and I'll be honest--I like any opportunity to be dramatic that I can. Plus have you SEEN them? They are like pasty little dead aliens in their little sterile bag), and besides having to wash chunks of Lucky Charms from the bleak caverns behind my back molars, it is pretty fantastic to be having something crunchy again! Tonight's goal: chips and dip.

No comments: