Thursday, February 18, 2010

Warmth.

Tomorrow is the big day. Surgery day. Okay so maybe I've been freaking myself out more than necessary about this all, but for me, it's a BIG DEAL. So I'm trying not to think about it.

Honestly, one of the worst parts is the "taking a break from running for a few days" part. I have worked so hard and started REALLY loving my running, and now I have to stop? For a few days? My plan was to skip my 4-miler today and do the 8-mile run today instead to get it out of the way, but when I stepped outside, it was misting and FREEZING. So I decided to start my days off today. Heh. Plus I feel so much better after reading several articles saying if you have been experiencing pain in joints (especially knees), shin splints, or achilles tendonitis (all 3 of which I have), you need to take a few days off in a row here and there to let your body recover. It can be really great for your training to do so. Also, this article made me feel better about taking a few days off. Not that I'm not still sitting here a little bit miserable over the fact that I didn't run at all today. In fact, the other day, I saw a person running outside while we were driving somewhere, and all I could think was, "SIGH I wish I was running. That looks so nice." GASP. I have become a runner.

Tonight: homemade beef stew and biscuits from scratch with a "surprise" dessert from Ash U....while we watch the last installment of Emma. I'm making a note to enjoy the crunchy bits of dinner since I won't be able to for a few days.

1 comment:

Mrs. Campbell said...

I really need to to get my wisdom teeth out too. I've postponed it for like 5 years now and my jaw is killing me...