Monday, February 22, 2010

step by step

And the healing process continues, though I am starting to wonder just how bruised my jawbone is, as that tends to be aching and sore and swollen regardless of whether or not I take my meds. The actual extraction sites hurt off and on pretty much, and are the worst when I wake up in the middle of the night with stabbing pain. But the jaw, ahhhhhh.

So today I worked from home, as my medications make me dizzy/lightheaded/drowsy/sometimes have slight hallucinations. I wish I could work tomorrow from home as well, but I'll have to brave getting downtown, as I have my post-op appointment down there at noon anyway. Fingers crossed that all goes well! Today was a struggle.

Here's a pic of my slow progress...better than yesterday! But still a ways to go, obviously:


Thanks to Ash U for being AMAZING and making dinner for Nolan and I this weekend, and bringing me soup this morning. So sweet!!!

Bad news is that now Nolan is coming down with something, so we'll see who gets to take care of whom in the days to come :)

More bad news? Apparently I was unconscious when the oral surgeon told Nolan I can't exercise for a week. Here I was thinking I'd be back to running at the latest by tomorrow. But my surgery was on Friday. And I have a 10k on Sunday. S I G H. Here's hoping I'm still in shape by then, SOB.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo... no more thinking your ankles are fused together? ;)