Monday, October 4, 2010

Darcy.

As promised, even though I'm DEAD TIRED, I have my news and photos...we bought a car on Sunday! I know, right? Quick work after what just happened to the other one. But really, I have been looking at these for quite some time, and was only too ready to move forward. And what a deal! We ended up getting a 2010 Toyota Corolla! And it's sparkly black, and if you've ever known me, you know how I love sparkly things. Also I've always wanted a black car...let's face it there is a lot I have always wanted in this car. I even asked Nolan's permission to name it: Darcy. Mostly because I've been in a Jane Austen mood lately and cannot resist. Actually Nolan's been pretty overall amazing in helping/supporting me through the crash and getting a new car in general. So I suppose he's going to want that backrub now, thankyouverymuch.

...Except he just looked at the pictures below and said, "You know what those pictures look like to me? Look like it's parked on a Tuesday (streetcleaning side). Hrmmm."

Here are a couple shots I took today while admiring it. So pretty!



Also, while we speak, Milo is gnawing on the leftover crusts of our Pizza Hut excursion tonight (Nolan's treat for taking me to the dealer on the motorcycle even though it was cold and windy), and sneezing in his excitement to eat it all before he thinks we notice him. Little beast. The other day I tried to get on camera his playtime with his little felt mouse, but all I got was him watching it stupidly:

And eventually making a grab for it:


In all seriousness, I am convinced I have PTSD from the car accident. I haven't slept since, because I have been waking up every 15 minutes after the same nightmare over and over again, with the most intense stress I have ever experienced, except last night I was in the new car when I crashed it. UGH. I can practically taste the ulcers. And it made getting up at 5:40 to hit the gym downtown really fun :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very lovely, but you are a total nerd!!! Mom

Pops said...

Nice choice...He's very dashing!