Thursday, October 7, 2010

Flying Machines of Death

Apparently it's Fleet Week already again here in San Francisco (which means any Indian summer we could have had is probably gone, SOB), because all day we've been swooped on by jets tearing through the sky. Even during yoga it was crazy loud, ripping the atmosphere. I heard one of my coworkers admiring the jets, while another was muttering "I think it's terrifying."

Mostly today I'll just put up some quotes of the day, since I couldn't decide which one to use:

In reference to this post:
My dad: "Ironically, my rental is a new corolla. She's red and definitely female, proud, a bit impertinent but I fancy her none the less. I think I shall call her Elizabeth!"

And:
Ash: ps it smells like your building out here
Anneliese: hahah omg wait i've got it: moldy kibble + urine + chinese food + grease
Ash: all those PLUS dog
Anneliese: oh. sometimes we have that too, but i get it mixed up with the kibble
Ash: i know because our vacuum still smells like buddy...and that's it plus like humidity

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chinese food I get. Chinese people? Seriously?

neighboUr said...

Anonymous: while I have zero respect for people who hide behind being "anonymous" to say what they think, I do see what you're saying and I agree. So I've edited the post, as the part in question wasn't what made it funny anyway. To be fair, the person who said it didn't mean anything harmful or racist by it.