Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the fleece effect

Sometimes when I reflect on my childhood, I just remember running barefoot through yards until the 5 o'clock horn blew. And building boats of banana boats to float down the muddy rivers. And climbing to the top of 60 foot pine trees to throw pine cones at cars passing by below (oops!). Needless to say, I lived in a world of alternate reality. However, articles like this one still don't manager to surprise me about PNG and the country I know/knew.

Continuing on our trend of eating through the Top 100, today I tried the fish tacos at Underdog's.
#10 - Nick's Baja-style fish tacos at The Taco Shop at Underdog's

Nolan had already had these, so I just went with a friend and brought him back one because they're so delicious. And this from someone who HATES fish of all kinds. Scrumptious!

We broke out the flannel sheets for the beginning of the real cold season here, and let me just say it was blissful. We nestled down into the clean, warm, soft flannel and conked out immediately for the best sleep I've had in awhile. Even Milo was peaceful (mostly).

Also today I had a mini panic-attack when I boarded the muni home, and there, jammed right next to me was a man with curly black hair. YIPES. In case you don't know me, KNOW THAT I FEAR MEN WITH CURLY BLACK HAIR. Not all, just ones with a certain look about him, and this one had it. Like he was hiding a hook on his hand under that trenchcoat of his. Why, you may ask? Have you ever seen The Fugitive? I saw it too early for my impressionable mind I guess, and have had an irrational fear of men with curly black hair very nearly as serious as my fear of sleeping in dirty sheets.

No comments: