Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tines of Power

Even though I'm sitting apart in "my room" which is formerly the guest room (and will be if you come to visit, promise!) and scrapbooking space, I know the Giants just won the game tonight, because of a lone shriek of joy that I heard from across the street. Confirmed by Nolan and also the fireworks I'm now hearing lit. One more game, and SF is golden for their ticket to the World Series!

I had to go home sick from work today, and I'm not sure if it was because of the flu shot/H1N1 combo vaccine I got yesterday, or the lack of sleep I've endured recently. Probably both. I'm a strictly 8-hours of sleep a night person, or else I feel the effects of it sorely. Who knows why. Anyway, so I came right home, and crumpled onto the bed in "my room" for a few hours to nap with Milo while Nolan worked at his desk. Feeling ok, but still looking forward to more rest tonight.

Therefore, last night's Hockey game was probably not the best idea, as I was feeling a little queasy even then, but I thought I'd push through it. It was a sad loss of the Sharks to the Carolina Hurricanes, but exciting for us - our first NHL game! And free tickets, my boss's boss's boss gave us his super nice-seat tickets (and also to my coworker, who came and brought his son). Good times. Couldn't have asked for better seats, made even better by Nolan's hot latte and my tasty garlic fries. Check out how close we were to the ice! We could practically smell the blood as they rammed into the glass every 30 seconds. Evidence:




This past weekend I was up in Placerville visiting my parents, and though Saturday was pretty hot again (I spent the entire day in shorts still!), Sunday was actual fall weather, and there was ample feeling of autumn when my mom was helping clean the pool. Nothing like a gigantic crunchy leaf to remind you that it's almost the holidays!

No comments: