Saturday, October 2, 2010

Integra-ty

So. It's been another week-ish since I've updated. Sorry! But I promise I have excuses. See:
1. I've been applying to schools. Alllmost done.
2. Working/trying to sleep.
3. Trying to sell car, and on that note:
4. Wrecked my car after I got in a collision this week and am still having nightmares about it, which equals no sleep which makes me grouchy and you don't want me updating this grumpy, do you?
5. Tired of looking at a computer screen with a sore neck.

So. In a nutshell: On the way up to sell my car to someone (who, as it turns out, was going to stand me up anyway), I rammed into the back of the car in front of me, and had to leave my car by the Napa raceway. My dad came all the way down to pick me up from Sacramento and drive me home, because he is a superhero. I can't put into words how relieved and happy I was to see him drive up after such a scary/stressful thing. And even though the situation sucked, it was really really nice to have him stay with us for a night and spend some time together. And today he is picking it up, fixing it to make it drive, and then driving it up to Placerville to hopefully sell it for whatever it's worth now. Like I said: superhero.

So we're car-less, which is okay for now, but hopefully we'll be buying a car pretty quickly here so we can continue with our lives at a normal pace.

Hopefully I'll be back up and running with updates soon!

3 comments:

Pops said...

Wow! A superhero at 50!

Heidi said...

Dads. Are. Awesome. I dont'k now if you cried, but I would've cried.

Anonymous said...

Dads are great. I remember when I crashed my car. It takes a bit to get over and move on