Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happiness is an understatement

Lately I've spent a lot of time just wishing things won't change. I know they will, especially as Nolan starts work in just a few short days...but our lives right now seem like nothing else could possibly happen to make them better. We're trying to live each moment we have and enjoy them, but in the back of my mind I can't help thinking about how little time I have left in this state. But: lest I slip into being a glass-half-empty kind of person, let me refocus my thoughts and say that perhaps things WILL only get better. Even though I don't see how it's actually possible to improve on how things are right now.

This morning, I got to go in to work around 11am, since I'll be on a "field-trip" of sorts with our interns until about midnight. I get to stay at a hotel in the city tonight as recompense and because the BART may not run that late, but how can I even enjoy it when I'm going to be so tired that I'll just fall into bed. Also: Nolan-less. BUT: waking up late and having breakfast and coffee with Nolan while watching the Daily Show and being lazy was so nice, it might be worth it.

Last week I finally gave in and went to get my wedding rings soldered together. Maybe it's because it's wedding season, but people have been noticing my rings more and commenting on why I have them separate, and how the diamonds on the band are always facing down because they flip over, blah blah blah. So I sat myself down and looked at why I hadn't done it yet, which was mainly because I just plain didn't want to. I like having them separate so I can just wear one...but then Nolan reminded me that when I just wear the band, I usually wear my cheap-o Mexican silver band anyway, and keep the other 2 in a box. Hmm. So I caved, and when I got them back, not only was it done BEAUTIFULLY with extra gold added to the bottom and polished and cleaned so that they shined LIKE THE SUN AND RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS, but they also did it for free, even though the estimate was $$$. So I gave them a smokin' review on yelp and proceeded to admire it gleaming in the sun all the way home. I'm still staring at it. I even tried to take a picture of it, but taking a picture of your ring sparkling is like trying to take a picture of the beautiful night sky: all you get is outlines and darkness and no stars at all. This could also be because my iPhone camera sucks.

Speaking of pictures...a few days ago, I received this text, with no message:

As it turns out, it was a wrong number. Epic!

No comments: