Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday

As another week draws to a close (today is my Friday this week!), I find myself with more and more to be thankful for. But let's not get too deep and thoughtful, eh?

1. I'm thankful for new friends. We recently started going to a married small-group with a church in Menlo Park, and are meeting new couples our age and trying to get to know each other more. Tonight we go to Sky High for trampoline dodgeball (this sounds like a recipe for my first broken bone), then out to froyo afterwards. FUN! I'm also loving getting to know Nolan's colleagues and their spouses. Such fun people! Basically, there are a lot more opportunities than I'd thought.
2. I'm thankful for dropping gas prices. I think this was the first time I've paid less than $3.60 in awhile. Sad, but still :)
3. I'm so thankful for the time I've gotten to spend with Nolan. We just have so much fun together, and he is the only reason why I rush home in the evenings (when he's not working an evening shift).
4. I'm thankful for my conscience. I haven't been taking care of myself as well as I usually do in the past few weeks since we've moved, for one reason or another, and I can feel it. I don't really gain weight, but I soften up and stiffen up. I can't stretch as far or as easily in yoga, and my muscles ache after exercise because they're cold. I've also not been eating as well, and I feel guilty because I know it isn't good for my body. I want to be healthy, not just to look good, but because I want to feel good and treat my body respectfully. So my conscience helps.
5. I'm thankful for the amazing weather forecast we have for this weekend - and a new AC to help deal with the heat! WOO!
6. I'm thankful for efficiency. I know summers here at work are absolutely crazy times, and I've learned from the previous 2 summers at this job, exactly what I need to do to keep the machine well-oiled and things running smoothly so that I don't get overwhelmed. Hopefully it will continue this way!
7. I'm thankful it's my birthday tomorrow, because hey, who doesn't love birthdays?

With that, have a lovely 4th of July weekend!!!

No comments: