Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Last night for dinner, we tried a Thai place in our neighbourhood that was biking distance. Ka ra Kade Thai is a tiny place with a sumptuous interior that serves delicious food and just may be better, in my humble opinion, than even Marnee Thai in SF. The pad thai was the most flavourful that I've ever had, and the Thai iced tea was creamy and tasty. The only downside was that the men at the table next to us ordered some vile sour dish that smelled strongly of vomit and farts, and it TOTALLY ruined the delicious mango and sticky rice we were enjoying. Ah well. We also got a little lost biking home because we tried a bunch of new routes that all turned out to be dead-ends...but eh.

Today:
1. I am thankful for my gym. I've been there everyday this week and feel so refreshed and alive afterwards-partly because of the excellent classes and partly because of the awesome facilities. I love going back to work after lunch all pink-cheeked and freshly showered.
2. I'm thankful for my kindle. The hours I spend each day reading are some of my favourite.
3. I'm thankful for the layout of our bathroom and how we can toss Milo in there at night when he's naughty without worrying if he has all he needs for a few hours. Thank goodness for his little extra room in there.
4. I'm thankful for the Internet. I signed up for a social group this week to meet people my age in our new neighbourhood, and I just don't know how I'd do such a thing without the glorious world-wide-web.
5. I'm thankful that Nolan starts work soon. I'm also sad because I'll miss seeing him so much, but mostly happy because I know how antsy he is to get started at the hospital!

I'm thankful for so many other things, but also, as always, that it is almost the weekend! Wahoo!

No comments: