Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Another week, come and gone...and yet instead of mourning my life slipping away week by week, all I can think of is TGIF (almost). You doubters out there are probably typing me a nasty-gram about how I always forget Thankful Thursday...no, I'm not making that up - I have gotten those emails. Which also begs the question: why emails? There are almost never comments on this blog, but oh, there are emails. Anyway: it's late, but I'm still feeling thankful and taking the time to blog about it. Let's jump right in, shall we?

1. I'm thankful for my glasses. There are times when I really hate them and hate that I have to wear them, but when I have contact issues, my trusty Palin-esque goggles save the day. They also make me feel smarter, which is never a bad thing.
2. I'm thankful for Nolan's new colleagues! I got to meet most of them tonight, and they are GREAT. Really. I think I met a kindred spirit or two already. Thank God they probably don't care enough about me yet to google me and find this blog, or they'd exit the premises rapidly. Speaking of which: Nolan was standing in line at a gelato place today behind STEVE JOBS. And he asked to take a picture of him for a scavenger hunt he was doing with his colleagues, but apparently Steve Jobs just turned around and walked out without saying a word. While wearing his signature black turtleneck and glasses and jeans. So...not everyone down here is great. BUT: I love meeting new friends and also meeting those who will be some of Nolan's greatest supporters and friends over the next 3 years (at least).
3. I'm thankful for coffee. Sweet mercy, it's delicious and life-giving. Without it, I would have surely perished this week.
4. I'm thankful this week is over? After 2 days of straight orientation with our interns, one full-day trip to Sacramento with them (and a night in a hotel for me, in which I slept HORRIBLY...rendering that coffee VERY NECESSARY), and fire-drills left and right prepping for one thing or another next week, I need to just be "off" for a little while. I just need to get through tomorrow and then I'll be good.
5. I'm thankful for good friends and good fun! This weekend we're going paintballing in Santa Clara, and then up to Davis to visit some dear friends who are visiting from Scotland. Hi Campbells!
6. I'm thankful for this video that Ash U sent me, reminding me that life is too short to just sit around and wait.
7. I'm thankful for our fans in our house. Suddenly living in a place where it's HOT has actually been a shock. In a good way mostly, but it still means we've got to remember to open windows and turn on fans so we don't overheat. This heat also means, however, that I can ride my bike alongside Nolan as he goes for a run at 8pm and it's still warm and light outside. Fantastic!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: