Monday, June 20, 2011

Heat wave

We have officially moved from the coldest spot in summer to one of the hottest (not really, it just feels that way in comparison). I mean, it's 9:30pm right now, and I'm sitting in my chair typing this and literally sliding down in my seat because of the sweat on my legs. Whew. Of course, it was also a monstrously hot day EVERYWHERE today, and so in a place where it's already been pretty hot...for example: today in downtown San Francisco while I was working, it was 84 degrees outside. How is that even possible for San Francisco? Anyway: normally when it's 60 degrees in San Francisco (the norm year-round), it's been 80 degrees here in our new neighbourhood. So you can guess what 84 in SF made it here :( Also Nolan hasn't gotten the AC out of the garage yet, so we haven't been able to use it yet. Just ceiling fans (which terrify Milo) and open windows...which don't do a lot of good when it's that hot outside. Nolan's been taking refuge in walking around in boxers only 24/7 and going through gallons of homemade blueberry iced tea.

Because I'm a psycho, I also decided to do a long workout in my living room tonight. I think I lost a pound in the first 30 minutes just from sweating it off, and the workout itself didn't have a lot to do with it.

Tonight my plan is to lay in bed in my shorts and tanktop, with my wet hair (bonus cooling points!), ban Milo/natural heater from the room, and just lay listening to the crickets as I fall asleep.


Nolan today informed me that the sweet new maxi-dress I bought was, in fact, a mumu. He also sent me a quote he heard on the morning show today: "mumus are for fat chicks". He's lucky his wife laughs at that sort of thing.

No comments: