Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've come to realize that my Thankful Thursday posts are generally pretty vague. I mean, I am usually grateful for the week being almost over, for some random thing like my delicious lunch or the temperature in my yoga class being just right. But really, I realized the reason for this the other day in yoga. At the end of class (which is where I got the inspiration for these thankful posts), the instructor has us sit quietly for a moment, and asks us to think about something we're grateful for. When I try to pinpoint just one thing, I find my mind wandering over all the many things I'm grateful for, and come to the conclusion that I can't pick just one. I have such a richly blessed life that I can't help but be thankful for everyone and everything around me. So even though I've mentioned all of these at some point or another, I'm going to just be super general here, and mention those big-ticket things and basic realities that I am SO THANKFUL for. Because these are what I think of every single day. I'm not even going to explain each one because when I try to do that for these things, I always feel like I could say so much more, and ultimately end up saying not enough.

1. I'm thankful for my relationship and knowledge of God.
2. I'm thankful for my wonderful, amazing and perfect (for me!) husband.
3. I'm thankful for our parents and my 2 families.
4. I'm thankful for our awesome home.
5. I'm thankful for our little pet friend, Milo (who turns 5 today!).
6. I'm thankful for my friends, near and far.
7. I'm thankful to have reliable modes of transportation.
8. I'm thankful for our jobs and that we both love them!!!
9. I'm thankful that I spend significant portions of my days laughing...and can't remember the last time that I cried. Oh wait: I cried in Harry Potter 7 (part 1) when Hermione put a wreath on Harry's parents graves. Also when Dobby died. So there's that.


Because I'm slightly OCD, I tried desperately to come up with a #10 that was general enough to fit in, but all I got was little things like "my gym" or "that it's summer". So...I'm breaking the cycle and ending on an uneven number.

In celebration of the birthday boy, who is sleeping in the sun digesting his canned food right now (I'm sure)...

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I cried when Dobby died in H.P. and my husband taunted me. I think it was because it was less of a gentle cry and more of a borderline violent weep. I'm kind of nervous about the emotions that Part 2 will conjure.

Mom said...

Happy Birthday Milo!

Unknown said...

Welcome in the country of Himalayas!!!
Google Treks Nepal (P) Ltd is one of the most recommended, best , reliable and is a government

licensed trekking/tour operating agency in Nepal. We have a team of experience trekking guide and

mountain hero "Sherpa' to guide you through your most memorable days of your life. From its

establishment we have successfully conducted trekking and peak climbing in different peak and

mountain and other tourist activities in Nepal and have satisfied our valuable customer. All the

activities have operated so far have been 100% safe and success record with the help of our

experienced guides, Sherpas & our management team. We are always committed for the ethics and

norms of this service.
trekking in nepal
visit Mustang
everest base camp trek
Tibet Tour
Bhutan Tour
Langtang Trekking
Jungle Safari in Nepal
Dolpo Trekking
Makalu Trekking
Everest base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
Annapurna Circuit Trekking