Wednesday, June 29, 2011

pwned: residency?

So far, I'm thoroughly loving Nolan's residency. I mean, he's gotten mornings and evenings to spend with me for most of the last week, and he looks good in those scrubs ;) Plus, he's being paid now (yay!) and is happy having something to do again. Saturday morning we had breakfast and went on a bike ride together. Sunday morning we went to small group and then church together before playing chess and eating lunch together. Monday night, we went out for a walk around 8:30pm in our pajamas, then decided we'd rather sit at a starbucks and sip hot (decaf) coffees while shooting the breeze. So we did. Tuesday I came home to him watching "Bridesmaids" with George (who's staying with us temporarily until his new apartment in Palo Alto is available). Tonight we're going to some friends' house for dinner and tomorrow night we're going to a trampoline place to play trampoline dodgeball with our small group. Friday we're celebrating my birthday with a fun dinner date, and we haven't even planned out anything after that, except a gamenight, pisco sours, and possible BBQ on Sunday night with friends. Does this sound like what I had imagined? NOPE. On the otherhand, he's still technically in orientation shifts, so...

SOB. I guess I won't get my hopes up, and just enjoy this time.

No comments: