Monday, January 12, 2009

Blame it on my Dell

My computer (RIP) lasted me the better part of 6 years, but finally has breathed it's last. We transferred all my crap to Nolan's computer, and now (I'm sure to his chagrin), are sharing his Mac while I job-hunt. Hence the lack of posts. So, here I sit on a Monday, trying to get everything done on here before Nolan exiles me to "somewhere not here" while he works on his paper for a few hours. Ah well. I'm thinking Daly City or Novato to burn some time looking around at wine and cat accessories. I know, even my shopping list is already more housewife-y. The good news is that I needed some excuse to drive around looking for a Salvation Army anyway, because I haven't gone through my closet in FOREVER and I need to get rid of some serious amounts of shirts, because my closet is clogged up and sometimes when I reach in to grab a shirt of any sort, my hand gets stuck (like sticking it in a sea anemone). Time to clean it out. Anyone want free clothes?

The job search is going well--I think I have submitted my resume to every open position in the city, haha. So we'll see what happens as people start receiving it.

Nolan and I are both getting really into working out and eating right. I know what you're thinking, but it really isn't a transient thing. We are trying to set good habits for farther down the road when our metabolisms aren't as fry-friendly. So we've been eating a lot of steamed and fresh things, whole grains, water...and doing yoga in our living room, which I LOVE! I can already see my abs again so that makes me extra excited. Goal: get my thighs toned for the first time in too long. Last time was at Davis from riding my bike, but it was like, muscly, and I don't want that. I just want long and lean toned muscles. C'mon Wii fit, is that really too much to ask?

Yesterday while driving to church, we saw a guy on the corner of Cole and Carl, waiting for a muni, and it turned out to be my muni-friend! And by "friend", I mean the loosest possible definition, because we have never spoken. I have been telling Nolan about this guy for awhile because EVERY SINGLE DAY we have gotten off of the same Muni (even when I am running late!), and walked almost all the way to our respective works together, not speaking, but fully acknowledging each other. It's kind of awkward, but like a little interesting piece of the work day. In my mind his name is Frodo Baggins because he is distinctly hobbit-looking. So, my little awkward hobbit-muni-friend, farewell until I ride with you again.

Thanks, Sarah for sending me this:

No comments: