Wednesday, January 28, 2009

stickies

After having a total meltdown yesterday based on my laziness and worthlessness as the breadwinner for our family, I am back in full swing, using my Mac's "stickies" function to keep me alive and feeling/actually being productive. Granted, I have not been lazy, but it's pretty hard not to feel like that when you are wandering around the house begging the Fates to please give you at least something else to clean besides the toilet of doom. Even Milo was all pissed off yesterday (what's new though I guess) because there was an empty chowder can in the recyclables bag o' trash, and he NEEDED to go through it, but I hid it from him. The rest of the day he puttered around, casting longing gazes at the cupboard where his garbage heap was rotting. I learned my lesson though: if I let him even sniff the garbage, he plays in it when I'm not looking, and then when he crawls into bed with us, I kiss the top of his little white head and smell trash/feces/the most disgusting smell you can think of. Sweet little child.

I forgot how much I love the movie "Love Actually". I think any movie that has Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, and co., and refers to Margaret Thatcher as a "saucy minx" has my unswerving devotion.

My new task, until I am no longer a lazy housewife, hah, is to find a free bookshelf and paint it some warm colour for our living room. This could end up being one of those dead-end tasks that I never even come close to doing, but for now, it's on my sticky. As of 2 minutes ago, I finally have the Twilight score on my computer (I know, you thought you were done hearing about Twilight--what can I say?), and am obsessively listening to it as I work on my small group lesson for this Sunday night. I know. Super spiritual. Though my lesson in itself is something I am super excited about, but I can see how it could be boring for others, so I am bringing props. Listeners, you have been warned.

Another cool thing I have been exploring on my Mac is the GarageBand feature...almost all the perks of Sony Acid Pro, but free (which, in my humble opinion, is the best perk of all)! So maybe someday if I am not too embarrassed I will post on here some of my stuff. I'm embarrassed just thinking about it...

Well. This has been the most pointless post EVAR. See you manana.

No comments: