Monday, January 26, 2009

Maus!

After spending a few hours wandering around the house this morning, Nolan advised me that in the interest of his boards score/future career/our future security, it would be best that I do something with my life. So, I went to the Apple store and bought a mouse and a mouse pad. Not that this is interesting in any way, but the mouse itself is really odd. It said "small" which, I thought to myself, would be awesome since apparently the only pair of hands left in the stockhouse when I was created was of the "midget" variety. Cool with me, I'm just sayin. But apparently "small" to the Kensington company, means "not tall". It's almost too long for my hand, but super thin. Cool in a phone, not so cool in a mouse. So we'll see if I can adjust or not. Also, at first test, the loud and solid-sounding "clicks" were great, but now they're just more reminiscent of my 4th grade piano-teacher's oversized Metronome, which brings back nightmarish memories of its own kind. To boot, the mouse pad is reflective (I couldn't tell in the store), so the laser on the mouse doesn't work with it. So I have it covered with a book right now. $3 down the drain, heh. Anyone want it? It's yours.


As I steadily run out of things to do, I find myself being more and more creative with my time. For example, today I am pre-making "freezer rolls" for this weekend for when my parents and brother come to visit. Make the rolls, freeze 'em, then throw 'em in the oven for 20 min when you are ready to eat them! What a deal! Also, I have considered writing a review on here for my favourite new broom, but then I realized how stupid that would be and how I would probably never read someone's blog again if they started reviewing brooms. (but let me just say that the "'O' Cedar 'Angler'" model broom is fantastic.)

Something I WILL review because I know some of you have cats: I got Milo a new litterbox...but wait! Read on! Don't leave! It's called the "Booda Dome", haha, which is part of the reason I bought it. Okay not really, but it is covered, which means no more nasty germs floating around. I have been freaked out since Nolan warned me that all the germs from that box were going to settle on our dishes, eventually our food, and give us diseases we would slowly die from. So: I bought a covered box. Milo was a little bit...freaked out at first, but now he likes his privacy so much that he sniffs at me to please go away if I try to catch him going inside. See how hilarious this is:


Perhaps my blogging has sunk to a new low.

1 comment:

chels said...

i beg to differ. your blogging entertains me everyday and has not sunk at all. thank you caldwell parents for contributing to the entertainment and overall sanity of b and i. and the comment about the broom had b and i laughing for a long time :)
chels