Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Procrastination

I finally feel that old familiar feeling of being in college again, waiting to write my term paper, waiting...until 2 hours before its due, and then cranking it out and then feeling powerful because I finished it in the nick of time (don't ruin this for me, I enjoyed that feeling). I promised Nolan I would write up a review for a restaurant we went to by (yesterday) sometime, and he has given me a day extension in honour of me FOR THE FIRST TIME picking a watchable movie last night (Ash M., I think you can appreciate the gravity of this statement. There was no singing jewelry!). My track record is amazing, but finally instead of suffering through something for an hour and a half that LOOKED good on the shelves of Blockbuster, we were glued to the screen watching De Niro, Hoffman, Pitt, and crew for two and a half hours. Sleepers, my friends. I never even knew this existed! Never noticed it on Pitt's IMDB! Hhhhh, but I digress. So I still owe him his review. Why? Because UCSF pays for the meal if you review it for the paper. So this is a weekly habit. He is busy with boards, and I was caught mid-wander around the house, and he pinned it on me. Anyway, yet here I sit, writing plentiful words here and none on my review. Also pending: my bible study hot topic notes/research/anything. I am teaching this Sunday at small group, and have the topic...in my head. So it has to somehow make it onto paper by then. My goal is today, but we all know how that goes.

I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights and couldn't figure out why. Was I cold? Was Nolan kicking me? Was Milo hogging my side? No it was probably because I have to have this stupid thing JAMMED IN MY MOUTH FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY.

According to my dentist, I am a teeth-grinder. Hence the lack of enamel on my molars. You cannot even imagine the delight Nolan has in watching me try to talk with this.

Speaking of ridiculousness, we have been looking for a bookshelf for awhile. Ahem, I mean, a free one. Haha. So yesterday I look out the window, and lo and behold, there is a free bookshelf right across the street! Sweet Providence! So I asked Nolan to help me carry it. "Sure" quietly emanates from the office bowels somewhere. 15 minutes later I remind him that someone might take it. 15 minutes after that I tell him I'll make him a tasty dinner if he gets it. All the while he keeps saying he is going to go get it "right now". 10 minutes later I look out the window, and two Jewish boys are loading it into their sedan! NO! Because I am a graceful neighbour, I didn't hang out the window and bellow at them and make gestures, but let them run off with OUR FURNITURE quietly. I'm sure you can imagine the horror-struck look on Nolan's face when I informed him of his impending doom. He then calmly suggested that we play a game of AoM to soothe my soul. Because "of course! That is a GREAT idea! Why wouldn't my wife accept a joint computer game in return for a piece of furniture she set her heart on and then promptly was disappointed by!" And because I am immature, I sat down and played with him.

No comments: