Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Back to the real world...

...where there is no sunshine, no delicious naps by the pool, and no freshly picked fruit from the apricot tree outside. Instead, I have a trashed house, a bloody scratch on my palm from the devil-cat who is NOT HAPPY about the whole "me not feeding him 24/7 because I actually have to work again" thing, and several bags of laundry to fold and put away. Hhh. Sometimes I feel like I should just burn all of my clothes and never go shopping ever again.

Nolan is also back to real life, but at least he gets to wear the equivalent of pajamas all day (and still looks sexy!).

Naturally, I don't envy him the 12-36 hour shifts, because I much rather prefer to sleep. But eh, maybe I'd give up a few hours here and there if I could wear loose green bedsheets to work every day.

Since I spent so much time in the sun, I almost feel like I got sun poisoning of some sort. I have a fantastic tan almost everywhere (almost), but on my forearms and on my legs, the burn was SO bad from rafting (I put on sunscreen, Mom! Twice!), that I have all these little raised bumps that are like some kind of rash that really itches but then when you scratch them: No Relief! SURPRISE! PAIN! It's like the worst itch ever. Also the skin is still radiating some kind of intense heat, to the point that when I lay in bed the sheets are TOO MUCH in both heat and pressure, and my legs burrrrrn. So I guess what I'm saying is that the sun somehow left a little piece of itself buried in my thigh-skin and is desperately trying to get out.

On another topic: I went in to the DMV on Friday and got my motorcycle permit. Which basically is a 25-question test that, if you pass, allows ANYONE to ride around the state (avoiding highways), whether they know how to ride or not. Fortunately, I do know how to ride, and took my first few solo trips around the county and down by the river. Hooooahh!

Other than that I guess there's not too much else to write...I haven't been to the gym in maybe 2 weeks, and am feeling my muscles atrophy already, so I guess that's where I'll be on my lunch. Though secretly I wish I was in Borders looking at all the new Harry Potter stuff that's coming out in honour of the movie...that comes out NEXT WEEK! smmmmmmmhhh!

No comments: