Sunday, July 12, 2009

ooh, what's that smell?

While opening the curtains in our cave aka bedroom the other morning, I stopped immediately as a foul stench assaulted my nose. I sniffed my breath, my pajamas, and even my hair and the chair I was leaning on. Nope. Then I saw what was hiding underneath the coffee table, rotting:

Who would have thought that a treasure-trove of month-old scrubs containing urine, blood, poop, and bits of human flesh would smell SO rank (sarcasm). Needless to say, they are now in a bag, after Nolan's horrified wife demanded that he finally take advantage of the free scrub-washing service at the hospital. Which is also why he wasn't letting me wash them in the first place. Hhhh. ps-the picture is blurry because he was trying to stop me from taking a picture of the disaster.

This weekend has been all about cleaning and baking. Sounds fun? It was. But that also meant mounds of work, burns on both hands, and flour everywhere. I even inhaled too much bleach at one point and had to sit on the couch to reinfuse my lungs with clean air. But: the end product was a freshly baked loaf of Boule, an artisan bread that was in the recipe book that my mom sent me (thanks, Mom!), and it was DEL-I-CIOUS. Also today I made homemade granola, ALSO courtesy of the book. We've already finished the bread between the two of us, so we'll see how long the granola lasts :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does Nolan have ANY IDEA you are going public with all of his dirty laundry? (Note the play on words? I am so good.)