Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Every Humpday

Wednesdays are generally referred to as "humpdays" for a reason. The middle day of the week is always the longest, most boring day to get through. Which is why I think every Wednesday should look like mine did today, which was:

That's right. Giants game, sunshine, and garlic fries. All afternoon. Booyah.

Last night I had the distinct honour of watching the Scarlet Pimpernel (again) with Ash U. (why am I always watching it with Ashleys?). I was planning on making dinner beforehand for us and Nolan, but about 15 minutes before she got here, all the outlets on one side of our kitchen went out. OF COURSE it was the side with the grill, oven, refridgerator, and microwave...all of which I was using for dinner, SOB. So being the resourceful housewife (cringe) that I am, I shut down the fridge, transferred the baking rolls to the microwave oven and plugged it in elsewhere, moved the grill, and used a match to light the clouds of gas now accumulating under the stovetop to cook the potatoes. Heck yes. Other than some "well-cooked" rolls, I'd say it was a success. And nobody even. knew. the. difference.

But now I've got to go, because I made the mistake of pissing off Milo earlier, and it looks like tonight's retribution is taking the form of peeing in our bucket o' scarves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait! Did you go to a Giants game on company time?