Friday, January 29, 2010

Hello, wine.

It should be a crime to have such a luxurious Friday night alone. Apple-walnut topped cheese ravioli with parmesan flakes, grilled San Francisco sourdough, freshly cracked open bottle of Akin wine, and flamenco music playing while I sit here slowly and focus on the food. I feel like I'm single! Mostly because the house is clean, I can listen to foreign music if I want to and not be mocked, and focus on only entertaining (or not!) myself. All this chiefly because Nolan is visiting a friend in the East Bay. Smmmhhhh!

None of this isn't to say I'm not desperately looking forward to waking up late with him tomorrow morning and devouring some coffee and blueberry muffins. I <3 him.

Also I feel like I deserve it after such a long and taxing (boring) week. And trying to smuggle my groceries home on the muni during a rainstorm. Do you KNOW what it's like to try and get a loaf of French bread home unsoaked, in the rain with no umbrella? It isn't easy, I'll tell you that. And as I barged onto the muni and heat and dryness, I slammed my grocery bags down on the ground and unzipped my jacket and the ancient guy in the seat next to me stared at me open-mouthed like I just had committed a crime by bringing bags-a-plenty on the muni. But I was okay with the staring, because I wasn't the one wearing a plastic bag on my head.

Last night I was trying to hurriedly do a scrapbook page while Nolan was showering before we hit the hay, and as I was walking away, I realized that I had skipped two days' worth of material. Crrrrap. So now I am hoping the wine as well as a streaming movie from Netflix will help me sort the mess out.

Milo's also reaping the benefits of my meal, and enjoyin' him some SF sourdough:

He's also growling at me in this picture, like "what the HELL are you doing looking at my bread!" He gets very possessive with anything that makes it with him to the rug...probably because most things don't make it that far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to be home on a Friday after a long week. Homebodies unite!