Wednesday, January 20, 2010

peanuts!

With El Nino continuing to soak my normally drought-ridden city, my mood has suffered along with it. Generally I find that walking/running in the rain or even sitting inside or sleeping to the sounds of the rain is relaxing and calming. Unless there's wind. And then my hair goes flying in my eyes and my umbrella turns inside out and I get soaked and my makeup runs and did I mention the hair in my eyes! So maybe an easier statement would have been that I hate the wind in every capacity, but especially in the rain. Thank goodness I grew out my bangs and no longer have to deal with those sticking in my eyes or heads would roll.

For the last 5 days, I have been eagerly looking forward to tonight. Not because the Becks are coming over for dinner (well okay I'm excited about that too) but because we're having satay chicken and peanut sauce, and OHMYGOSH I LOVE SATAY CHICKEN WITH PEANUT SAUCE. I'll post the recipe here but ONLY if you promise to not think less of me for loving a recipe I found online. Click here to see the recipe, but know that I make some changes to it. Like...adding 1/16-1/8 cup of red curry paste instead of the ground red pepper (makes it a little bit spicier like Nolan likes it!), and I don't add the onions, because to me that ruins it. I also don't add cilantro because to me cilantro = salsa, and those don't mesh. Also cilantro is disgusting. Oh and I add crushed peanuts, just a few, to give it some crunch and texture, which I love. Let me also just say that the lime juice is practically the most important part because it gives such a delicious kick to everything and now my mouth is starting to water again.

Running update: going well, but would be going a lot better if I a.) remembered to stretch my lower legs before running and b.) didn't have to wait in line 30 minutes after work for a free treadmill on those rainy days. Note to self: hit gym on lunch break.

No comments: