Thursday, January 14, 2010

the mysterious ticking sound

I'm starting to think Sarah was right about the cursed 3rd run. Because after the suffering through that I did, and the fact that I didn't get to my run on Tuesday, I was shocked at how amazing I felt after today's. Especially considering I tacked on another half a mile to the workout and did it with an incline. I was reading these articles online about how some marathon runners do their training on treadmills, and the way they get the same amount of effort out of it as an outside run is to add a 1% - 2% incline to it. Good to know.

It's hard to imagine that 3 weeks ago, I was in a totally different spot. Literally:

(sorry it's dark--the dazzlingly bright light and the not-so-great iPhone camera didn't mesh)

Quote of the day:*if you don't get it, you probably haven't seen this*
Sarah: jedi would totally be a goth kid
me: yeah i know. with long, greasy and black snape hair
Sarah: EEEW
me: snape, snape, severus snape
Sarah: DUMBELDORE
me: hahaha, I WAS HOPING YOU'D WRITE THAT <3

No comments: