Friday, January 8, 2010

Maybe that's why I wore soft boots today.

So it's been a rough week already: first week of training for a half-marathon, sick husband, trashed house, first week back from vacation, and I'm tired all the time. And then this morning:
-the muni took forever to come
-once on it, the girl next to me passed out ON TOP of me.
-I let her use my boots as a pillow, and then helped her into a seat when she said she was fine.
-she passed out again while I was holding her up, and had a seizure.
-ambulance took a long time to come, and then finally when I got to work I was almost an hour later than normal.
-I didn't have Starbucks this morning.

So overall, I am slightly traumatized, tired and sore, and starving all the time, and my running shoes are starting to get holes in the heels.

This afternoon, for the third time, I found a tiny pool of bright yellow, thick liquid on my desk. Like, in the middle of nowhere, under nothing but the roof tiles, which were definitely not leaking. I had just cleaned up another puddle in the exact same spot 30 minutes earlier, and STILL had no idea where it was coming from or what it was. My thought process was something like this:
-Ugh, gross. What IS that. Where did it come from?
-What. Again. SERIOUSLY.
-Where is it coming from?
-Those roof tiles really do look like styrofoam.
-Man, I could use a coffee.
-Am I going crazy? WHAT IS THIS.
-Maybe David knows what that is. Hmm. Maybe he's been secretly dripping stuff all over my cube when I wasn't looking. How dare he!
-Oh. My cabinet has too much lube on it. It's thick and bright yellow and drips in that spot when I open it. Oh.


When we finally went out for a walk (and maybe some coffee, heh), I also witnessed what potentially could have been the most awesome thing I have ever seen, when a bird went careening straight into my coworker. Unfortunately, he changed course (BARELY) at the last minute, and my coworker ducked in time. But he reached out after the bird to catch it and teach it a lesson and he was THIS.CLOSE. to grabbing it. His response? "no way, those birds are so delicate. but i kind of wish i had grabbed it, spun 360, and let it fly!"

It's been an interesting day.

No comments: