Monday, March 7, 2011

buttercream

This weekend I painted our bathroom what I thought was a shiny clean white. The result was not shiny, has a definite yellow-hue to it...but is a definite improvement! Now it looks like a bright sunny room instead of a moldy cold bathroom. And I did it all by myself which is pretty fantastic, since I couldn't reach the corners and had to balance on a shampoo bottle braced against the shower (an accident waiting to happen) to get up there.

But when you're listening to the Harry Potter Pandora station, anything is possible!

I also tested out my Skype connection with Nolan, and it's lightning fast! So I got a little virtual tour of his prison cell (hah!), and got to admire some of the pretty things he's gotten me while browsing markets over there. It was SO NICE to be able to just talk like we were in the same room again...I <3 Skype.

I went to the women's social at my church this weekend too, and for the first time I felt like I was actually meeting potential friends instead of just checking the boxes with other women. It can be hard to feel connected to other girls here in the city when you don't see that many on a daily basis, but it was nice to meet SO MANY that I (may) have things in common with. Plus, going to church the next day was awesome because I walked in and saw so many familiar faces! I guess that's the good thing about joining a new church - you get to meet all sorts of new, fun people. Now if I can only remember names...

No comments: