Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

San Francisco, I hate thee for thy weather. Seriously, the last few weeks have been nuts. I mean I guess weird weather is normal here, but I still hate it. Right now for example, it's brilliantly sunny outside as the sun gets lower in the sky. You'd never have known it wasn't warm and sunny here all day. But about 30 minutes ago it was pouring down rain, and that had been going since this morning. Yesterday was worse, because it was switching back and forth ALL DAY. I went out for coffee at one point because it stopped raining and was sunny and clear, and while CROSSING THE STREET, the clouds literally blew in and started dumping. I barely made it back to my office before it was all over. I don't understand. I will say this: I cannot WAIT to live in a place that has normal weather, has sunshine and isn't windy all the freaking time, and has actual, lovely summers. Hellooooo, Palo Alto. That is definitely something to be thankful for. Also:

1. I'm thankful for my down comforters and Milo's ability to radiate heat like a heatlamp. It's been pretty cold here again lately, and going to bed is always an adventure. I just lay there curled up for awhile trying to heat up, and even with the electric blanket on, the cold air creeps in. So I fixed it by layering my already huge bed with another down comforter. And Milo likes to curl up on my chest and purr until he falls asleep. Sweet, blissful, free heat!

2. I'm thankful for options. Options for where to live next, options for HOW to live next, to get a dog or not (I think YES), to take BART or Caltrain, to drive...

3. I'm thankful that Vegas is finally here. My flight leaves on Monday, returning on Friday, and I get to work in my jammies until the airport shuttle picks me up...and most likely get immediately into them again when I get home, hah! My suite at the Venetian(!) is SUPER cool, and our flights to/from Vegas on Virgin are basically going to be a party. Heck yes.

4. I'm thankful for Amazon and the prime membership my mom got me. What would I do without it?

5. I'm thankful Ash U is willing to try new things with me! Oh and that she takes care of my little prince while I'm traveling :)

6. I'm thankful for the talents I've been given. I feel like I'm starting to really appreciate them.

Blogging from here on out over the next week may be spotty (poker and peach bellinis, anyone?), so happy end of March to all!


Quote of the Day:
My dad, upon reading this post: "My Internet is so slow that you wasted ten minutes of my life on that sucky video"

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That's an AWESOME quote from your dad

Unknown said...

LOL!