Monday, March 21, 2011

Tripped out

Last night, before we began the game part of our weekly game night, some friends and I tried "taste tripping", which I've skeptically read about but never tried. Lest you be frightened, there were 2 doctors in our party so they checked the ingredients for bad things first :) Basically, we tried miracle berries (in the powdered tablet form, since the berries go bad quickly), which are these little berries that grow in West Africa, and make your taste buds heightened to sweetness. So they're tricked into tasting everything as sweet for about an hour. I didn't believe it until I tried a tomato and discovered it tasted like a sweet apple! Then my cheap, day-old red table wine...which tasted like a fine, sweet aged port! We sucked down lemons, hot sauce, and spoonfuls of balsamic vinegar, as you see Ash U doing here:

...and had many a strange thing. Here is an awesome article about it, if you're curious! Miraculin! I'd definitely recommend it, just for a fun thing to try!

Today, I got a delivery for my work on a project, as a thank you...and some of the pieces were, uh, rather large:

I didn't know there existed strawberries the size of my fist.

I also painted my bedroom this weekend to prepare for moving...I've been sleeping SO BADLY since then with the fumes and lack of curtains now, so hopefully it'll be all aired out tonight.

1 comment:

Pops said...

Your fist is tiny!