Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

The day finally arrived...and this morning at 9am, Nolan and I found out that we're going to...
STANFORD!
I know, surprise, right? But an awesome one! This means a lot of good things for us...like me getting to keep my job, living in a more rural area (!), a 3-year program instead of 4, staying in NorCal, etc.
When they called out the countdown, I was eagerly waiting with the envelope in my hands, and my friend Heidi (who was there for support, since she gets her envelope next year) was gracious enough to capture the action with possibly the best ever accidental photobomb in the background of the second picture:



With that...
1. I am SO FREAKING THANKFUL that we know where we're going. The suspense has been absolutely unbearable. Now we can get excited about a particular place, and plan our move and our new life for the next 3 years! WOOHOO!!!
2. I'm thankful I get to keep my job. I love my job, and don't want to leave it to move elsewhere.
3. I'm thankful it's St. Patrick's Day! It means I've been working from home all day to the smell of my corned beef simmering away in a brew of garlic, spices, and beer! The cabbage smells pretty out-of-this-world too!
4. I'm thankful for the many times I've been able to talk to Nolan this week. It makes the loneliness at home more bearable.
5. I'm thankful it's almost the weekend, because I'm definitely getting sick and feel kind of awful already. Amazing: it's been coming on slowly for about 2 days but really AMPED UP about an hour after I found out our match at Stanford. It's like my body has been storing up all the stress and anxiety and finally the release is making me sick. Blech.
6. I'm thankful for the classes at my gym! This is the first time in a long time that I've actually started to SEE results. Weird.
7. I'm so thankful for Ash U, who comes over to keep me company all the time, puts up with my foul moods, and likes to watch stupid movies with me. Cheers to that.

Happy Thursday!

Countdowns:
7 days until my parents come to visit!
9 days until Vegas!
5 weeks until Nolan comes home!

No comments: