Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I can't believe another week has flown by already - this bodes well for my Nolan countdown going by quickly! And this weekend I'll be visiting my parents, with Milo in tow, since he's been "SO. DAMN. LONELY." (his words - not mine) without his playmate to keep him company.

With that...

1. I'm thankful for our brilliant new car that can take me up to Placerville and back with perfect ease...and pleasure to boot!

2. I'm thankful Milo is a pretty decent fellow - sure he can be a PILL, but he is pretty dang good about knowing when I'm playing around and when I just need him to knock it off and be a cuddler rather than a biter. He also travels well in the car, so that makes my life easier.

3. I'm thankful that Nolan and I have been able to connect on Skype - it's been awesome getting to see where he's living, and even admire some pretty things he's bought for me! It definitely helps to SEE the person you're talking to.

4. I'm thankful for our new church, that inspires me and welcomes me. I've gone to a women's social and a new bible study as a result in the past week, attending both events at strangers' homes, without knowing a soul, and it's been a blast. People have invited me to coffee, emailed, and just been so friendly.

5. I'm thankful for my many projects, which sometimes feel overwhelming, but keep me busy and feeling productive!

6. I'm thankful for coupon websites like Groupon and TownHog...it's because of them that I'm on my way to a killer deal for a nice mani-pedi with a friend. And my poor fingers and toes are in sore need of some TLC.

7. I'm thankful it's starting to warm up! Even if it's just by a couple of degrees, I can feel a difference! I'm tired of being cold and miserable.

Happy -almost-weekend, everyone!


7 days until our residency assignment!

No comments: