Friday, March 4, 2011

Thankful...Thursday?

Okay, okay: sometimes I get caught up in other things on Thursdays and forget to be thankful...which is the whole point behind doing these posts. To remind myself of the awesome things in my life. So better late than never, eh?

1. I'm thankful Nolan made it to China safely and that we've been able to chat several times now! We've arranged our first Skype date, so I can't wait to get a virtual tour of his digs over there.

2. I'm also thankful that I can eat whatever I want here. Apparently Nolan's eaten some foul things so far. I'm loving my daily protein bar (now that I've realized I eat nowhere near enough protein in my diet). Hey, a healthy way to eat peanut butter and chocolate? I'm in!

3. I'm thankful for the wonders of the internet age. Not only because it helps me communicate with Nolan, but also because I've found SO MANY good workout videos online. So many. For free! I've started working out 7 days a week (instead of what, 4?), and doing the workouts at home where I can really throw myself into them and get sweaty without worrying about cleaning myself up to see people afterwards. And the variety is awesome. Other than my normal Tues/Thurs yoga classes, I get to do dance, pilates, pure cardio, you name it!

4. I'm so thankful that God's provided a great job for me so that we can afford to maintain a decent lifestyle in San Francisco. I'm amazed at how expensive it is here, and I'm not a newbie to the city! Somehow, it's still possible to have fun on a budget.

5. I'm thankful for Milo again, because even though he is an absolute TERROR when Nolan's gone (he adores his dad), he keeps me company and entertains me. It's fun to have a little creature following me around in the morning as I get ready. Even if he does steal a whole half of my English muffin.


Happy weekend, everyone!

Quote of the day (are you seeing a trend here?):
"Nolan: Did you get my last message about the lung dish? I got kicked off
Anneliese: mao doesn't like you telling me about his lung dishes
Nolan: Well, long story short I had some of a dish that was later told was slices of male and female human lung. I almost threw up
Anneliese: oh.my.gosh.
i'm married to a cannibal! WAAA
Nolan: lol
I didnt know :-p"

"Anneliese: what market are you going to today?
Nolan: the "dirt" market
Anneliese: what."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is all this working out about, don't you think you are buff enough??? LOL