Monday, March 16, 2009

civic duty

This week should be interesting. I had jury duty starting today, and still am waiting to find out if I have been selected or not. Right now it's looking like I will be...which isn't a terrible thing. I mean, sure I may get a little behind with work and that makes me panicky, but on the other hand, how INTERESTING is the trial process?! Other than listen to people ramble about why they should not be picked, I'd say I am pretty excited about going back tomorrow. That, and the people-watching there is fantastic. This includes the court reporter, who looks astonishingly like (Dame) Judi Dench, and it makes me zone out sometimes and think about how creepy she was in "Notes On A Scandal". And how she equally impresses/scares the poop out of me. Hmm.

This weekend, we also started Milo's toilet-training, and the reason I have no pictures is because I refuse to post pictures of his litterbox and our toilet. Equally disgusting. Apparently, "step 1" is just getting him used to the environment, which means we are sharing our bathroom...with his. For about a week. Needless to say, Nolan is not happy about sharing, and has already threatened Milo that if there are any "accidents" in there, he (Nolan) will take the liberty of using Milo's box as retribution. Odd, because I would never consider peeing in a litter box to teach my cat a lesson.

1 comment:

The Pretty Analyst said...

Just don't tweet from the courtroom -- some guy in FL or GA is getting prosecuted from sending play-by-play tweets from the jury box. Um, bad idea!