Saturday, March 21, 2009

step 3

Today I went to go do the laundry at the laundromat, and the entire time, there was this clinking, construction noise coming from the back room. This is a traditional laundromat, and they're trying to update it to make it more "desirable" to...I don't know, hang out in? I mean, they're putting in snack machines, soda machines, offering more services, etc. Even the hookah shop that's awkwardly built into the side of it is trying to entice more customers. From the evidence I saw in the back today, I'm not sure what type of customer they're looking to attract, but judging from the fake bronze statues and torches and mini altar, I'm 99% sure they are erecting a full-blown Chinese temple in the storage room today. All of a sudden my laundry days are looking a lot more exciting.

Milo has officially moved on to step 3 today in his training. I punched out the first hole in the middle and he is HORRIFIED. Like, he has been holding it all day, just to avoid THE HOLE. He has spent most of the day so far doing this:


Although he has actually jumped up onto the rim a few times, rigidly holding his tail straight out so that it doesn't come near THE HOLE...and once I even poked it through to show him that it was safe and he could relieve his tiny little bladder/brain from all the stress, but apparently he forgot that his tail is connected to his butt, and while he was intently staring at his tail halfway in there, as soon as it popped back out of THE HOLE, he fell off of the toilet in shock, and immediately began attacking/gnawing on his tail. Maybe I should have punched out only half the hole. Apparently this is too much for him to process.

Also, Nolan received his motorcycle gear today in prep for his crazy trip with my dad. Heh. Two big boxes and a lot of ripping and tearing later, here is the final product (sans gloves):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To infinity...and beyond!!!