Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Everything in Moderation

This weekend I dragged Ash U. with me to Target to look at slipcovers for our loveseat. Rumour has it that we are getting an awesome new couch sometime relatively soon, and that put me in the mood to once and for all vanquish all traces of colours that don't match in our living room. Like...blue. I have never really liked blue. I am more of a browns and creams in my living room kind of person. And so naturally, when I, by marriage, inherited this:

...I began plotting. The problem is two-fold:
a.) Nolan loves blue and protests that he loves the way the living room looks already.
b.) loveseat slipcovers are a pretty penny, and if we are going to buy new furniture in like, 2 years anyway, why bother.
You see the problem. Of course a.) is the main issue. So instead of a matching, warm-coloured living room, I will now have an unmatching, who-knows-what-happened-to-this-loveseat-in-college piece of furniture. And because he made an excellent point with b.), my spirit crumbled to my duty of wifely submission. And common sense.

It's a big day. Not only do I have one picture, but TWO for you. Milo began step 2 officially today. That means, yes...toilet seat ON the toilet. No more litter box! And since the new litter is made of corn, combined with the fact that they recommend sprinkling catnip all over it the first time, we ran into a bit of an issue when I introduced Milo to his new throne, and he immediately commenced with EATING HIS LITTER, and then looked at me while inhaling giant mouthfuls of corn-litter like, "FOOOOD MORE FOOD EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE LITTER FOOOOOOD". This was in issue until I sprinkled some of his acidic, NOT nice-tasting old litter over the top of that, and then he practically barfed out the corn-litter in realization of what he had been doing. "Ohhhh. This is not food. This is for poop."

Other than the fact that when USED, the new litter smells distinctly like corn flakes, I'd say so far it's a success.

ps-I just checked and he has already used it (as intended). Clever boy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does he really love the BLUE love seat or is he just a sentamentally attached from his childhood?

Anonymous said...

Oh well, at least you tried.