Tuesday, March 10, 2009

peanut butter and jelly: a love story

Last night, while in bed, I vehemently defended my belief that every child had read, at one time or another, the poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter", while Nolan argued that he had most definitely NOT ever read it, and that every child is taught the Lewis electron dot system (which is true), and that I SHOULD remember it. Because of COURSE, that is something I use in my day-to-day life. So today I sent him a copy of the Walrus and the Carpenter, fully expecting either no response or something along the lines of, "OH! I just didn't recognize the part you quoted last night!". Nope. Instead he replies only with this link:

http://www.iun.edu/~cpanhd/C101webnotes/chemical-bond/lewis-electron-dot.html

...and then I realize that my Lewis Carroll is Nolan's Lewis electron dot system...and that apparently opposites do attract.



No comments: