Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2.

I think it's been sufficient time since I mourned moving away from Finger Condom Lady, to introduce her equivalent in my new neighbourhood. Enter: Lotto Squatter. He's this random guy, kind of nicely dressed, who each day at noon, squats down in our plaza outside over the top of a grate, and slowly scratches off every square on a lotto card. Every day. San Francisco, you are a cornucopia of people.

I also forgot to mention that yesterday was 4/20, and apparently it is a bigger deal in San Francisco than we realized, because driving to the ATT store was utter chaos. People weaving almost drunkenly through the streets (cars included), ESPECIALLY around the Haight (though that is certainly not a surprise, haha), lots of tye-dye, and most importantly of course: the smell. I mean, Earth Day in Davis was always bad...the air was so polluted with pot that I'm sure the cows were stoned. To this day I still cannot distinguish smells between incense and pot (call me sheltered), so when I rolled down the window while we drove through the Haight right by the park and inhaled deeply the aromatic incensed air, Nolan visibly rolled his eyes. I'm pretty sure I know why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Took me 45 minutes to go from Divisadero St to 22nd ave. All thanks to those idiotic potheads