Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hot 'n' Cold

Best I have seen yet...and somehow I cannot believe someone actually put that much time, money (did you SEE the exact costuming?!), and effort into something like this. Complete with a "wtf-dance-sequence". Haha, enjoy.


It’s that season. People sneezing/oozing mucus on the Muni. Someone in a cube near me coughs, then draws in a deep, rattling breath. Spray-able hand sanitizer, 2 inches from my keyboard, ready for deployment, lest anyone else’s troops get too near and lay siege to my beaches. It’s sick season. I am just trying to stay warm, dry, and germ-free…and between hot tea (which we all know probably means coffee for me, despite my pure intentions) and Airborne, Starbucks and Walgreens are making a fortune off of me. Which…I guess isn’t that different since before it was just “Coffee” and Candy. You could say I am being more prudent with my fortune-blowing.

It's only February, and already I am looking around my cube and thinking how FABULOUS it will look at Christmas when I decorate it. I am thinking lights, tinsel, maybe a tiny (TINY) tree. Heh. Today I went out and bought a little yellow rosebush to make me happy in my little corner, and earlier I brought in my “The Office” Calendar (thanks, Nate). Next step: a pretty pencil holder. Huzzah!

Poor Milo. First he barfs all over our back seat after driving up to Pville (guess who had to scrape up the bits of kibble and stomach acid, etc.), then Nolan tells him how stupid he looks in his new teal, striped collar (Milo has no balls -- what does he care if he looks manly or not?), then tonight he loses his collar and goes back to the crappy blue one, then Nolan throws small (but soft! don't call the SPCA) objects at him because he is chewing on electrical cords, and now he is sitting on our bed, fearing Nolan, and wondering (as I am) if his fish will survive the night. The fish's been doing the floating vertically thing. We're holding a candlelight vigil.

I feel like I catch up on my superficial life when I get home. I do business-y things all day, and then when I get home I plunge headfirst into facebook and people.com and other trashy sites, like a pig plunges into its trough.

Shout-out to Sarah, who launched her new blog, which WILL be my financial downfall, but is excellent nonetheless.

1 comment:

The Pretty Analyst said...

Thanks for the shout out! : ) I need the name of that lipgloss you love so much . . .