Monday, February 23, 2009

Reign of Chaos

I have decided a couple of things in regard to my lifelessness lately. Obviously it is due to my new job, in which I feel totally overwhelmed and exhausted…which will pass, but it IS a new job. I have decided that I need to work out more to gain back the capacity for energy. I also am allowing myself to go to Starbucks every morning until this passes, because I just pass out in the afternoons if I don’t have some caffeine. I am going to allow myself (Nolan has been helping me deal with this one) to be lazy sometimes. I hate sitting on the couch doing nothing, but he encourages me to skip laundry for a week or not do the dishes or whatever I have to do until maybe the next day, and he has been trying to get me to make a goal for each week (like, which day to do chores/work, which days to be lazy, which days to hang out, and when to say no…ultimately what I want to have DONE by the end of the week.), so that I don’t feel like I have a million things pulling me in difference directions. He has really been a lifeboat helping me to relax, and I, for once, am glad that we are both busy and tired at the end of the day, because it means we understand the need to sit and play Warcraft 3 (YES, Brystal we are moving past Age—this is serious stuff.) with each other instead of trying to eek an extra ounce of productivity from our brains by playing Scrabble or something. We are officially bums once the clock strikes 8pm (1pm on Sundays, heh). In general, I have to say that it is amazingly liberating to realize what I need, and that it is okay to allow myself some things during this transition. Maybe I am finally learning that I can’t do everything at once. Hmm.

Quote of the day (from ylehsa):
me: you know, i have to leave in 5 min, and you will be sad.
Ash: mmm. we'll see. i'll get more stipling done! stupid stippling
me: huh. i prefer you missing my pleasantries.
Ash: FINE. i'll cry and sob and scratch your name into my arm with a sharp pin
me: whoa.

No comments: